In Loving Memory of
Glenn Walter Pearson
Glenn Pearson was born on February 5, 1936 on the family farm in Lowville Township, Murray County, Minnesota to Walter and Evelyn Pearson. Glenn grew up on the farm and attended Balaton High School in 1954. On October 1, 1958 Glenn enlisted in the United States Army and served as a Combat Engineer and construction foreman until his honorable discharge on July 6, 1960. On June 10, 1963 he and Veronica Anderson were married in Slayton, MN. Following their marriage they made their home in Slayton, MN as well as in Missouri and Arkansas where Glenn was a cattle rancher. They later divorced. On December 8, 1979 he and Sodona Nelson were married in Slayton. Following there they made their home in Slayton. In 1982 they moved to Chaska, MN and Glenn worked for the Minnesota D.O.T. Glenn retired in 1998. Glenn passed away at the Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park, MN on Monday, June 3, 2019 at the age of 83. Glenn was a handyman and enjoyed tinkering around on all kinds of things. Glenn enjoyed hunting, dancing especially Polka and Waltz, country music and driving, driving, and driving.
Survivors include his wife, Sodona Pearson of New Prague, MN, three children and their spouses, Brenda and Minh Vien of Gallatin, TN, Brian and KaraPearson of Apple Valley, MN, and Wendy Pearson of Eagan, MN, six step-children and their spouses, Mark and Lori Nelson of Worthington, MN, Marlin and Debbie Nelson of Sioux City, IA, Gary and Lynn Nelson of St. Killian, MN, Scott and Carol Nelson of Litchfield, MN, Bruce and Lisa Nelson of Jordon, MN and Bradley and Cheryl Nelson of Shakopee, MN, 26 grandchildren, 33 great-grandchildren, and one sister, Delores Klemp of Ohio. He is preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be on Saturday, June 8, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Totzke Funeral Home in Slayton with a memorial services at 3:00 p.m. with Rev. Ethanie Schmidt officiating. The honorary pallbearers are his stepsons. Interment will be at a later date at Fort Snelling National Cemetery in St. Paul, MN.