We have been serving families in Slayton, Fulda and the surronding communities for over 100 years.
Adolph and Carl Peick started the original funeral home in Slayton and later was taken over by Les Nelson. In 1891 O.C. Reusse opened a furniture store in Fulda and in 1899 O.C. was licensed as an undertaker and operated the Reusse Funeral Home in Fulda. O.C.'s sons Carl and Dick would later join their father in the business and continued on after their father's death.
In 1961, Burt and Jean Hustad purchased the Nelson Funeral Home in Slayton and in 1962 he bought the Reusse Funeral Home in Fulda. Burt ran the Hustad Funeral Homes until selling the business to Tim and Corrine Totzke in 1987. Tim and Corrine operated the Totzke Funeral Home until April of 2006 when they sold the funeral homes to Todd Hieronimus and Marquis and Jill Madison.
The names of the funeral homes may have changed over the years but the legacy of dignified and caring funeral services in the Murray County area continues on with each new generation. By its nature, no business or profession in Murray County has touched the lives of so many people in the Slayton and Fulda areas in the past 100 years.